RICHMOND, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team returns home to host Jacksonville State on Thursday night at McBrayer Arena at 7:00 p.m.
WHAT TO KNOW
– This is the 25th all-time meeting between EKU and Jacksonville State. Eastern leads the series, 16-8.
– The Colonels defeated the Gamecocks, 63-57, the last time JSU visited McBrayer Arena on Feb. 25, 2015.
– Eastern is 9-1 at home this season.
– Freshman Nick Mayo scored a career-high 28 points in Saturday’s loss at SIUE.
– Mayo was voted the OVC Freshman of the Week for the sixth time on Monday. He averaged 25.5 ppg and shot 73% from the field in two road games last week.
– Mayo leads all OVC freshmen in scoring (13.7 ppg).
– Mayo ranks fourth in the OVC in scoring during league play (17.6 ppg).
– Mayo ranks fourth in the OVC in field goal percentage (60.3). He has the second-highest field goal percentage of any freshman in the country.
– Sophomore Paul Jackson handed out seven assists at SIUE. He now ranks second in the OVC in assists-per-game during league play (7.3).
– EKU shot 22-of-28 from the free throw line at SIUE. The Colonels now rank in the top-3 in the OVC in every form of shooting percentage: field goal (1st / 49.5), three-point (1st / 39.4) and free throw (3rd / 71.4).